What IV is best for hangover?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue and weakness
- Irritability and anxiety
Hangover IV Ingredients
- IV fluid: When you’re drinking alcohol, hydrating yourself is one of the best things you can do to avoid a hangover. Alcohol can stifle your body’s fluid absorption. It also works as a diuretic, making liquids move through your body before it can take them in properly. Our IV fluids contain saline and electrolytes that will help restore your body’s water levels and alleviate symptoms like dry mouth and headaches.
- Vitamin B complex: Vitamin B complex is a collection of nutrients essential to brain and metabolic functions. They’re fluid soluble, meaning they’re stored in water. When you become dehydrated from drinking, you’re depleting these vitamins as well. A boost of vitamins including riboflavin, niacin, thiamin and folic acid can aid your brain in thinking through that post-drinking fogginess.
- Vitamin B12: Like other B vitamins, vitamin B12 or cobalamin is fluid soluble and helps maintain your energy levels. This particular vitamin also poses absorption challenges when you take it orally and it goes through your digestive system. An IV infusion of vitamin B12 is the best way to benefit from the effects.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is perhaps the most essential nutrient for your hangover in our drip. It’s directly responsible for helping break down the toxins alcohol leaves in your system. It’s also an anti-inflammatory agent. The more you drink, the more you deplete your natural glutathione supply, leading to a longer recovery time. Getting some extra glutathione in your system can lessen the length of your hangover and decrease painful symptoms.
- Anti-nausea and vomiting medication: Nausea and vomiting are some of the most common symptoms of alcohol overindulgence, from the moment you finish your last drink until your hangover finally dissipates. Our IVs include medicine that blocks signals in your nervous system that might otherwise upset your stomach.
- Anti-inflammatory, headache and pain medication: This medicine works to prevent your body from producing inflammatory substances and block pain receptors that can keep you feeling down.