What is the cause of yellow teeth? One of the most common questions that people are looking for, especially in old age, because the main cause of yellow teeth is aging, which we explain below.
If you want to know the reasons and causes of yellow teeth and know how to whiten yellowed teeth, stay with us in this content.
The best way to have an attractive smile is to have white teeth. Contact us for teeth whitening Dubai.
cause of yellow teeth
The cause of yellow teeth is diverse and can be different for different people, let’s examine the main causes of yellowing teeth together.
One of the most fundamental causes “cause of yellow teeth” can be genetics. The most superficial layer of the tooth, the enamel, can become weak.
- Aging: As people age, tooth enamel undergoes natural decay and erosion; By weakening it, the underlying layer of dentin, which is yellow in color, is exposed; As a result, by eating and chewing a variety of foods, you will see changes in the color and yellowness of the teeth.
- Taking certain medications
- Antibiotic use in childhood
- Use of tetracycline during pregnancy (from the fourth month of pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding can (mother’s milk can naturally cause children’s teeth to yellow)
- Using mouthwashes containing chlorhexidine
- Taking the acne medication minocycline
- Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Excessive use of fluoride
- Filling teeth with silver
Medical methods to treat yellow teeth:
- veneers => visit page = veneers Dubai
- Invisalign => visit page = Invisalign Dubai
- teeth cleaning => visit page = Teeth cleaning Dubai
5 causes of yellow teeth that can be fixed
Unfortunately, because tooth discoloration is caused “cause of yellow teeth” by the deep layers of the teeth, even if it is possible to get rid of the yellowness of the teeth, we will have a little trouble. Other causes of teeth yellowing that can be reversed or prevented to some extent with the help of whitening products and products or diet modification are:
- Smoking, especially cigarettes and hookah
- Foods such as tomatoes, spices, pickles and berries
- Beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine and soft drinks
- Acute damage to the tooth can cause the enamel to break and expose the dentin (the yellow layer of the tooth).
- Grinding teeth also works as above.
How to get rid of yellow teeth?
Some of the most effective ways to get rid of yellow teeth are:
Dental methods to treat yellowing teeth :
- The most proven method to whiten teeth is to visit a dental specialist. Dental specialists whiten teeth with the help of various methods and whitening gels. Sometimes, the dentist may use LED light to speed up the teeth whitening process.
- Going to the dentist for teeth whitening can take between 30 and 60 minutes depending on the type of method and can be a bit expensive.
In addition to professional teeth cleaning at an orthodontic specialist’s office, professional teeth whitening can be done at home with the help of commercial whitening methods or products. Just buy a teeth whitening kit from the pharmacy.
Home treatment for yellow teeth
You can treat yellow teeth at home with the help of things like whitening strips, gels, plaques or whitening molds along with special materials or toothpastes.
Although the most important way to fight against discoloration and yellowing “cause of yellow teeth” of teeth is to maintain oral hygiene, sometimes the task is too much and you cannot remove the yellow color of teeth with just a toothbrush or dental floss. Along with taking good care of your teeth, some effective home remedies for teeth whitening are:
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
Mix one tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide. The mixture of these two ingredients becomes a special paste that is similar to your own toothpaste. Brush your teeth with the help of this homemade toothpaste every day to help whiten and remove the yellow color of the teeth.
Removing yellow teeth with coconut oil
Gargle 1-2 teaspoons of high quality organic coconut oil in your mouth for 10-30 minutes. But do not swallow it. After you are done, empty the oil and all the contents of your mouth in the toilet or sink. Rinse your mouth with clean water and then brush your teeth.
Treat yellow teeth at home with the miracle of apple cider vinegar
Just pour 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar into a glass of clean and clear water. With this, you have made a completely homemade and natural mouthwash. Gargle this mouthwash for 30 seconds and apply it to all your teeth. After pouring water and apple cider vinegar, rinse your mouth, then brush with regular toothpaste. Using apple cider vinegar is a completely natural way to treat yellowing teeth “cause of yellow teeth”.
Lemon, orange and banana peel
The peel of a lemon, orange, or banana contains a compound called D-limonene, which has whitening “cause of yellow teeth” properties. Therefore, look at these fruits as herbal medicine for teeth whitening. If you rub the skin of these fruits on your teeth for 2 minutes, you can help get rid of the yellowness of the teeth and whiten them.
Removing yellow teeth at home with activated charcoal
Activated charcoal can destroy the plaque behind the teeth and bacteria. Of course, when using activated charcoal powder or toothpaste containing it, you must read the instructions given by the manufacturer before using it. Because activated charcoal can be abrasive, use it sparingly. (do not use every day)
Note: Excessive use of this compound not only does not cure the yellowing of the teeth, but also causes wear of tooth enamel.
Drinking water to treat yellow teeth
Every person should drink a lot of water during the day, because water helps to destroy the bacteria in the mouth and increases the process of saliva production. In addition to drinking healthy water, you can also eat healthy fruits and vegetables to hydrate your body.
Prevention of yellow teeth
The best way to prevent yellowing of teeth “cause of yellow teeth” is to maintain good oral hygiene. This means that you should brush your teeth 2-3 times a day, preferably after every meal.
Try to floss your teeth every day. Flossing is the best way to remove plaque and tiny particles of food from the teeth and prevent yellowing of the teeth.
Other methods to prevent yellowing of teeth include:
- Quit Smoking
- Limit drinking coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages
- Drink lots of water
- Best of all, you can use teeth whitening products like the ones mentioned in this article.
We hope that by reading this content, you have become familiar with the cause of yellow teeth, and by considering these issues and preventive principles, you can avoid this problem over time.
If you have yellow teeth, it is enough to study and implement one of the above methods to fix the cause of yellow teeth.