Familiarity with nail diseases : Healthy nails have a clear and constant color and are without any ridges or depressions. The health status of nails can be a sign of disease and if you see any serious abnormality, it is better to see a doctor. In this article, a number of nail diseases and their causes are mentioned, and finally, recommendations are provided for you to have healthy nails.
Familiarity with nail diseases
Invisalign Dubai is the clear alternative to metal braces for kids, teens, and adults.
Teeth whitening Dubai is a common procedure that improves the look of your teeth and overall appearance.
Best articles for Familiarity with nail diseases
What nails tell you about your health!
Healthy nails are smooth and have a constant color. Anything else that affects the growth or appearance of fingernails or toenails may indicate an abnormality or problem with your health. Nails can tell a lot about your health. Nail diseases are not serious in most cases and are easily treated.
Symptoms and causes of various nail diseases:
Vertical ridges or fragility may occur in the nails with age or minor injuries. Other abnormalities, such as discoloration, spots, and separation of the nail may be the result of infections, injuries, and the use of certain medications. In many cases, psoriasis causes abnormalities in the nails. 50% of people with psoriasis also have nail abnormalities. Familiarity with nail diseases
Trauma in the nail can cause abnormalities along with color change, spots and changes in the shape of the nail. Familiarity with nail diseases
When should you see a doctor:
It is better to see a doctor if you see these symptoms:
- Changes in the shape of the nail, such as curling of the nail.
- Change in nail color such as dark or white streaks.
- Changes in nail thickness, such as thinning or thickening of the nail.
- Brittle nails.
- Making holes in the nails.
- Redness in the nails.
- Swelling around the nail.
- Pain around the nail.
- Bleeding around the nail.
- Nails that separate from the skin.
Types of nail diseases
The depressions that are created in the nail are called bio lines. Creating these lines is a sign of malnutrition. Other things that happen if you have bio lines include the following:
- Diseases that cause high fever such as measles, mumps and scarlet fever
- Vascular diseases
- Pneumonia is an infection in which the air sacs of one or both lungs become inflamed.
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- zinc deficiency
Ingrown toenails occur when the nails thicken and curve around the tips of your fingers. This process can take years. This complication can be due to low oxygen in the blood or it can be caused by the following reasons:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver disease
- pulmonary diseases
Koiluncia (spooning of nails)
Koilonia disease is a complication that causes a bump in the nail and the nails bend outward like a spoon. Sometimes the nail is bent enough to hold a drop of liquid. Spooning of the nail may be caused by the following reasons:
- Iron deficiency
- Heart disease
- Hemochromatosis, which is a liver disorder that causes excessive absorption of iron from food.
- Lupus erythematosus, which is an autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation.
- Raynaud’s disease is a disease in which blood circulation in the body is restricted.
leukonychia (white spots)
Uneven white spots or lines on the nail are called leukonychia. This complication is usually caused by trauma and does not cause problems in healthy people. But it can be a problem for people who have nutritional deficiencies or health problems. Factors such as infection, metabolic or systemic diseases or drug use play a role in causing this complication. Familiarity with nail diseases
This disease occurs when the nail plate separates from the nail bed and causes the nail color to change to white. This condition can be due to infection, trauma or products you use on the nail. Other causes include:
- Thyroid diseases
Mace’s lines are wide white lines that can be a sign of arsenic poisoning. In case of suffering from this condition, the doctor will take a sample of hair or body tissue for further examination to check the presence of arsenic in the body.
Create a hole in the nail
Nail perforations are small indentations or holes in the nail. This complication is common in people with psoriasis. In the case of some systemic diseases, it is possible to see holes in the nails.
This condition occurs when a dark band develops at the tips of the nails. This complication is mostly caused by aging, but it may appear for these reasons as well.
- congestive heart failure
- Liver disease
Yellow nails syndrome
Yellow nail syndrome is a condition in which the nails become thicker and do not grow at a normal rate, in some cases the nail lacks cuticle and may even separate from the nail bed. Familiarity with nail diseases
- The reason for its creation:
- Internal malignant diseases
- Lymphedema, swelling of the hands
- Pleural effusion is the accumulation of fluid between the lungs and the chest cavity.
- Respiratory diseases such as chronic bronchitis or sinusitis
- Arthritic rheumatism
Prevention of nail diseases
To prevent nail problems, you need to take care of your nails. Proper nail care includes:
- Avoid biting your nails.
- Avoid pulling your nails.
- Cut your nails after a bath when they are soft.
- Use a suitable nail clipper or sharp manicure scissors to cut the nails.
- Keep your nails dry and clean.
- Round the nails gently so as not to damage the nail cuticle.
- Use nail moisturizers regularly.
- Do not use nail polish, nail cleaners and artificial nails for a long time.
- For manicure and pedicure, go to reputable salons with professional technicians.
Familiarity with nail diseases