Arm lift or Brachioplasty is one of the body contouring surgeries that: reduces excessive drooping of the arm skin that is loose and drooping downwards.
Arm lift in Dubai
serenity provides Arm Lift in Dubai. Arm lift surgery or Brachioplasty, a surgical procedure to improve the contour or to reshape the upper arms. Contact us now to book an appointment for body contouring Dubai. We have prepared attractive discounts for you.
During the arm lift or brachioplasty operation, the plastic surgeon changes the position of the arms and removes the sagging skin and excess fat in this area. The result of this cosmetic procedure can be considered the removal of the extra part under the arm. Excess skin under the arm is usually caused by weight loss or aging, and removing it can help improve the appearance of the arm and increase its firmness. Sometimes liposuction is used in the process of this surgery to achieve the best results. Every year, thousands of people successfully perform arm lift surgery and are satisfied with the results.
Arm lift methods
There are different methods of arm lift, in this article we will learn about the types of arm lift methods.
Types of arm lift methods include:
- Arm lift with thread
- Arm lift with laser
- Arm lift with brachioplasty surgery
Arm lift with thread
In this method, there is no need to make any incisions on the skin. There is also no need to remove the excess skin of the arm. To lift the arm in this way, PDO threads are used, which are absorbed by the skin like absorbable suture threads.
Read More : thread lift dubai
After determining the entry and exit point of the threads by the surgeon, these threads are inserted into the skin with fine needles and pull the skin of the arm upwards. By stimulating the skin tissues and speeding up the collagen production process in the arm, these threads eliminate sagging and tighten the arms.
These used threads are usually compatible with the body and are completely absorbed after 2 months. But it does not mean that this method is only valid for two months. By absorbing the threads, collagen is produced in the arm, and the arm does not lose its shape and has strength. Its effects often last up to a year or two, after which they must be repaired.
Note that this method is less durable than other methods and is suitable for people who have never done an arm lift. In fact, these people can see the results of the arm lift and then decide to do permanent procedures. In addition, the thread lift method is suitable for eliminating short and medium sagging.
Arm lift with laser
This method is considered one of the non-invasive methods for arm lift, which uses a laser to eliminate sagging and create tension in the patient’s skin, which consists of two steps. The first step is that the skin is heated by laser rays, which also softens the skin. Warming of the skin causes more collagen production of the skin and its regeneration. After some time, the skin of the arm is completely stretched.
In this method, there is no need for any local anesthesia or anesthesia because the person does not feel pain in this condition and may only feel very little heat. Therefore, the patient can return to his routine activities very soon after the lift operation. The duration of each session is between half an hour and 40 minutes, but for it to be effective, it is better to undergo more than one session. The number of laser sessions depends on the person’s condition and is determined by the doctor.
The result of this method is almost similar to surgery and remains long-term. Of course, this method is only suitable for patients who have moderate sagging and wrinkles. As a result, this method is not applicable for people who have severe wrinkles and sagging. This method is suitable for women who have recently given birth or are afraid of surgery. This method is very popular among patients due to its short recovery period and few side effects.
Arm lift with brachioplasty surgery
Brachioplasty surgery method is one of the permanent methods to fix drooping and laxity of the arm. Those who suffer from severe arm sagging can completely eliminate this sagging with this method and finally have beautiful and proportionate arms.
Arm lift surgery with liposuction
Liposuction surgery is a suitable method for shaping the arms, which does not leave any scars on the patient’s skin. By using this method, the muscles are completely lifted and tightened after the operation. To perform this procedure, a device called Body-Jet liposuction is used. This method is completely safe and effective, and to perform liposuction, this device empties the fat from the target area with water spray.
This operation can be performed with other surgeries such as liposuction of the abdomen, sides, etc. In addition, he performed this procedure along with breast cosmetic surgery or abdominoplasty.
The effect of exercise on arm lift
Be careful that exercise only tightens the muscles and shapes them. But it cannot treat loose and sagging skin that no longer has elasticity. Therefore, it is recommended to use both methods to get better results.
Benefits of arm lift surgery
Various advantages can be considered for the arm lift operation. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- By doing an arm lift, the fit of the body will increase and the person can wear more diverse clothes.
- A person’s self-confidence will increase.
- One will be able to wear short sleeve or sleeveless clothes without worry.
Complications of arm lift operation
Every cosmetic procedure has a series of benefits and complications. Some side effects of arm lift are:
- During arm lift surgery, visible incisions are made on the arms. These incisions may continue from the armpit to the elbow.
- If the amount of excess skin under your arm is not much, it is better to use less invasive methods such as liposuction or arm lift with a limited incision instead of a full arm lift.
- As with any other cosmetic procedure, the plastic surgeon will not be able to accurately predict the results.
When you think about doing an arm lift operation, it is better to pay attention to the advantages and disadvantages mentioned above for this surgery and take them into consideration for the arm lift operation.
If you want the result of this surgery to be based on your exact wishes, be sure to express these things during the pre-operative consultation session with your surgeon.
Suitable candidate for arm lift
If you have a normal weight, but you feel that your appearance has changed due to the sagging of the arm skin.
If you have recently lost a lot of weight and because of this your arms are sagging.
If you don’t have a problem with making incisions on your arms and you can accept the risks of this surgery in exchange for the results you get.
Am I a good candidate for an arm lift?
After losing a lot of weight and starting heavy sports activities, your arms may still sag. Although the appearance of the upper arms can be changed and improved with exercise, the excess skin and fat under the arms cannot be fixed in this way.
In the following, we have listed some common reasons for people to perform an arm lift:
- You have lost a decent amount of weight, but the appearance of your lower arms is still sagging and out of shape.
- You are an adult whose appearance of your arms has changed and drooped due to aging.
- Your weight is appropriate and you are not overweight.
- You are in good general health and you do not have a specific disease that would interfere with your recovery or increase the risk of surgery.
- You do not smoke.
- You have adopted a healthy lifestyle and diet.
If you are in good general health, have a positive overall view of the arm lift operation, and also have realistic expectations from this surgery, it can be said that you are a suitable candidate for an arm lift.
How is arm lift surgery performed?
In general, you should expect something like this:
- In the first step, the surgeon will draw incision lines on your elbows, arms, and armpits. The location, length and angle of these incisions will be determined based on the amount of changes needed to lift your arms.
- Based on the suggestion and diagnosis of the surgeon, you will be generally anesthetized or an intravenous anesthetic will be injected.
- Surgical incisions may be made either in the armpit or along the arm. The most important point in this regard is that the surgeon tries his best to keep these incisions as inconspicuous as possible and make them in the parts that are as much as possible. Stay out of sight.
- The surgeon may use liposuction techniques to remove excess fat. Dr. Babak Nikomaram performs liposuction with Safe Lipo technique; Safe Lipo is the safest method of performing liposuction and will bring brilliant results to the individual.
- After making the incisions, the arm lift surgeon removes the excess skin and fat and brings the two sides of the incisions together to give the arms a more proportionate and smooth appearance.
- Finally, the skin stretches smoothly and naturally on the arm.
- At this stage, the incisions are carefully sutured to prevent scarring. The surgeon may use absorbable sutures under the skin so that they are naturally absorbed by the body.
- Sterile cover and dressing are placed on the arm and drains are installed.
The goal of the plastic surgeon and all her colleagues is to help you get the best and most comfortable result from your arm lift operation.
Time to see the result of the arm lift
You can often see the results after doing a lift by any method, but you can see the final results in a tangible form whenever the complications after the operation are resolved. Because the arms are inflamed and swollen after lifting. After these symptoms are removed, the results are completely visible and your arms become very beautiful and attractive.
Is arm lift effective for slimming and removing fat?
This is a misconception and with your arm lift, only the arms are tightened and their sagging is removed. This method cannot remove the excess fat of the arm. Of course, if you want your arms to slim down at the same time, it is better to discuss this with your doctor to achieve your desired result.
How to choose the right method for arm lift?
It is up to the doctor to choose the treatment method. In the examination sessions, you will be thoroughly examined and finally the doctor will suggest you the best method according to his diagnosis. But it is better to know that brachioplasty surgery is the best option for the elderly. But for whatever reason the patient cannot or does not want to use surgery, other methods can be used.